Paper Format

For ISEA2011 Istanbul we will be publishing papers across a range of electronic platforms. For this reason it is extremely important that you follow the guidelines strictly since we cannot re-edit and correct papers for each single transfer (e.g. Kindle to iPad, HTML pages and Print on Demand).

The uploading system is opened. Keynotes, panelists, workshop leaders, paper presenters and all others who wish to have their papers in the proceedings can upload the papers until November 15, 2011 via the submission system.

Before uploading your papers please check this video tutorial http://vimeo.com/27481760

Please ensure that you have completed your profile page, this is important in order to ensure that your paper can be published. 

You may wish to look for styling and formatting to our Conference Proceedings Dummy.

We advice you to choose from the proceedings' dummy the format that best fits your paper. Please do not email to propose alternative formats or changes. Your paper will have to fit within one of the formats in the proceedings' dummy.

Also, for those of you contemplating a special issue after the ISEA2011 Istanbul conference you may wish to look at MISH MASH, Leonardo Electronic Almanac, Volume 17, Issue 1.

Note: We do NOT expect you to design your papers as in the Conference Proceedings Dummy document; you will be submitting your text through a system which will convert it into the designed version. The pdf is only a guide for you to choose the format that fits your paper.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the deadline for full papers?

The deadline is September 10, 2011.

What is the deadline for paying the conference fees for presenters?

The deadline is June 20, 2011.

My abstract has been accepted. Is there a peer review cycle on the paper too?

YES.

Will you edit my paper?

NO, we will not edit the papers. Papers have to be in English and at a good standard. Failing to do so and your paper will not be published.

Where will my paper be published?

Your paper will be published, following a further review, in the ISEA2011 Istanbul conference proceedings with ISBN. Please note that not all the papers that have been submitted will be accepted for publication in the proceedings. The papers will have to meet international academic standards in order to be published.

Will it be published in a Leonardo publication?

The paper will also be published online with ISSN, ISBN and DOI with the Leonardo Electronic Almanac.

Will it still be published if I'm not able to come to the conference but I pay the registration fees?

YES.

Will some papers also be selected for special publication issues?

YES, papers and selected panels will be reviewed and some of them will be offered the opportunity to further publish for special issues of the Leonardo Electronic Almanac. You will be contacted about this in due time after the conference.

Do I have to design my paper as in the Conference Proceedings Dummy document?

NO. You will be submitting your text through a system which will convert it into the designed version. The pdf is only a guide for you to choose the format that fits your paper.