Asst Prof Ina Conradi Chavez
Nanyang Technological University, School of Art Design and Media
Ina’s current research undertaken at the Nanyang Technological University, at the School of Art, Design and Media, in Singapore, is continuing into exploring image-making methodologies on a larger scale, creating illusions that transform the viewer’s perception of actual space in a synthesis of the real and virtual. Drawing on the ideas of the merge of digital painting and avant-garde filmmaking and sound cultures, her current work aims to craft meaningful, immersive, interactive and 3D animated installation using digital image, seeking innovative convergence of art and technology to transform spaces into novel experiences. Her research explores: 1) experimental and immersive abstract computer animation; 2) responsive and reactive painted surfaces with imagery integrating experimental 3D stereo animation; 3) oversized image creation using algorithmic paint strokes; 4) high resolution computer rendering technique; 5) advanced print prototyping and finishing technique.
Ina Conradi was born in Belgrade, Serbia. Currently lives and works between Los Angeles and Singapore. Ina received her B.F.A. Textile Design from the University of Belgrade, and M.F.A. in Art, at the University of California at Los Angeles. She continued studies in Tokyo and Kyoto, as a Japan Foundation Fellow. Ina is a member of Singapore-China Association for Advancement of Science and Technology (SCAAST), Union of Slovene Fine Art Arts Association (ZDSLU), and is Japan Foundation Fellow since 1991. She has been teaching at California State University Long Beach, LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore and since 2007 till present in the School of Art Design and Media at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Paper Title: The Undiscovered Country, The Art of Pictorial 3-D Stereo Animation, International Conference on CyberWorlds 2011, Special Session: Arts and Virtual Worlds, Chair Dr. Gianluca Mura, 2011, 4‐6 October 2011, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Organized by the Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary
- Paper Title: Visual Resonance: Fine Art and 3D Stereo Pictoriality, 8th International Conference Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization, cgiv11, Nanyang Technological University, NTU Singapore, 16, 17 - 19 August 2011
- Paper Title: Stereo Animated Pictorial Space: Towards new aesthetics in contemporary painting, 17th International Symposium on Electronic Art, ISEA 2011 Istanbul, 14-21 September 2011
- Presentation at the Department of Industrial Design Linz (Kunstuniversität Linz), Linz, Austria,16 June 2011
- Paper Title: Art at the edges of Materiality, 24th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, CASA 2011, Workshop on Emotion-based Interaction, 26-28 May2011,University of Electronic Science and Technology, (UESTC), Chengdu, China
- Paper Title: Digital Imaging in Singapore, Internal External, 16th International Symposium on Electronic Art, ISEA2010 RUHR, Germany, 20-29 August 2010
- Ars Electronica Festival 2011, Deep Space Live Ina Conradi (US/SG), Mark Chavez (US/SG), Yoon Wai Cheong Davier (SG), Tan Cheng Quan Josh (SG) Le Phénomène Atmospherique is an impressive film about meteorological phenomena. Dreams combines digital drawings with experimental animation, and invites viewers to go on a kaleidoscopic journey into abstract worlds of imagery, 31.August 2011
- Port Of Call Selected Works By Faculty from Nanyang Technological University, School of Art, Design and Media, Guest Curator Robert B Epp, ADM Gallery 1&2, Nanyang Technological University,
Singapore, 22 February -15 April 2010
- Inaugural Corporeal Kaledioscope, Attakkalari India Biennial 2011, International Contemporary Dance and Digital Arts Festival, National Gallery of Modern Art, Bangalore, organized by Attakkalari Centre for Movement Arts, 28 January-6 February 2011.
- Dimension 3 International S-3D and New images forum --Dimension 3 Festival, Seine-Saint –Denis, France, 1- 3 June 2010.
- Exhibit Snap to Grid 09, Los Angeles Centre for Digital Art, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 12 November - 05 December 2009
- A solo exhibition by Ina Conradi, Kyoto Venue: International Contemporary Textile Art Centre, GGEX, Kyoto, Kotobuki Bldg, Kyoto, Japan, 18 July 31 August 2009.
- Internal External, A solo exhibition by Ina Conradi, Post-Museum, independent cultural and social space a ground-up project initiated by Singaporean curatorial team p-10, Singapore, 13 February -3 March 2009
- PIXELPOPS! 2008, Venue Krannert Art Museum University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Illinois, USA
- Snap to Grid 08, Los Angeles Center For Digital Art, Los Angeles Center For Digital Art, 107 West Fif Recent Exhibitions and Screening th Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 9 October -1 November 2008
- D-ART 2008, 5th International Conference Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization CGIV 08, University Sains Malaysia (USM) Penang, Malaysia, 25- 28 August 2008
- IMI/ADM Demo-Graphics, ISEA Conference /IMI NTU, Nanyang Technological University, School of Art Design and Media, Singapore, ART VIDEO screening of Dreams /3D animation, 27 August 2008Recent Exhibitions and Screenings